TopOfBlogs Online Marketing-Make Money Online


Well as you move through the vast world of make money online, you come across numerous buzzwords and phrases that make up the industry. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Affiliate Marketing and today’s topic Pay Per Click Ads.

After failed attempts to generate traffic to my website, I received an email explaining another way to generate traffic called pay per click (PPC). I immediately knew that this was the most expedient method of getting traffic to my website. I searched Google for all the information I could handle on the subject. The only problem was I would have to pay (as it states) for the traffic.

I opened a Google Adwords account, chose a hot product to promote and off I went. Being new to pay per click, I was very cautious when it came to structuring my first campaigns. I wanted to make sure I didn’t spend more than I could afford seeing I hadn’t made any money online yet. During my time of study, I learned how to operate within the Adwords domain, how to find profitable niches and most important how I was suppose to make money.

Well to make money online with pay per click ads you must make more sales of your niche product than it cost for the ad/s you place. I thought I had a hot niche with reverse phone lookup. Placed two ads as a split test to see which one would perform best. After getting an average 1.5 to 2% click through rate, I had no sales. I continued monitoring my campaign for the first 300 clicks to determine which ad of the two had the better click through and conversion rate. One ad barely beat out the other in click throughs, but still no conversions from either.

Well needless to say I became frustrated as I spent more money on a program with no return on investment. I began to make the changes recommended in some of the follow up articles I read on pay per click with not success. After switching products and achieving the same miserable results, I decided to put this program on hold before I became broke.

I don’t want to give the impression that pay per click advertising is not profitable. In my case I went in under funded and I believe you have to have enough money to effectively promote your ad/s over time. The key is to get your ad/s positioned on the first page of the search results requested, preferably positions 3 through 6. Also have a daily budget that would allow your ad/s to stay positioned there throughout the entire day for maximum exposure.

Now there are other keys to making a pay per click ad campaign work, but that’s a course in itself.

So until next time, have a Prosperous Day!


Bookmark and Share
0 comments

Join our Mailing List and stay informed about new products, services and news on Online Marketing. Also Receive a Free eBook on Affiliate Marketing.
Name:
Email:

We respect your privacy and we promise that your information will not be sold, rented or shared with anyone.