TopOfBlogs Online Marketing-Make Money Online


Now about two months into this venture the teleseminar series concluded and I had to organize and prioritize the information from my notes for online marketing. Some of the information was redundant, so I had to focus on breaking all that information down into a useable form. I’m a Googler (if there is such a word), which means I had to google additional information for some of the topics I didn’t quite understand. As most of you know, if you can’t find it in the google search engine, it’s not out there.

I filled my hard-drive with tons of “how to” material, articles, free online marketing gadgets and so on. If it wasn’t bad enough, now I have information overload. I went from not having enough information to having more than I could digest. I honestly didn’t know what to do with all the information and much more how to prioritize it.

I had to step back and pray for a little Divine intervention and employ good old common sense. I started my online marketing venture with a web host, which seemed appropriate seeing I could kill two or three birds with one stone. Now I have someone to host my site, also included was a free domain name for life and the website design feature. After attempting to register twenty or so of my best domain names for my website, I had to settle for one of my least favorites. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what I was doing, just that all my best domain names had already been taken.

Now that I have a domain name registered, it’s time to use that free tool to build my website. I have to say without fail, many of the guest marketers from the online marketing teleseminar series warned against attempting this especially if you’ll never done it before. Well I didn’t listen because I’m the kind of person who has to know how things work.

Now sometimes we have to bump our fannies to realize that someone tried to steer us in the right direction. I was convinced that since I was a fast learner, I could master HTML within a reasonable amount of time, couldn’t I? Attempting to write much less understand HTML (HyperText Markup Language) was a challenge within itself. I bit off way more than I could chew and didn’t know not to swallow. I choked on all that had to be learned from putting together a website from scratch.

Don’t let these web hosting companies with free site building tools convince you that you can have a quality site up and running in minutes. Now I’m not talking to trained webmasters, I talking about the average person who has never done this before. My advise for the beginner is to acquire the services of a company that partners with contractors who can build you a quality website. Three that come to mind are
Elance, Guru and Rent A Coder.

Well until next time, have a Prosperous Day!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments

Join our Mailing List and stay informed about new products, services and news on Online Marketing. Also Receive a Free eBook on Affiliate Marketing.
Name:
Email:

We respect your privacy and we promise that your information will not be sold, rented or shared with anyone.