TopOfBlogs Online Marketing-Make Money Online

Auto-Responder Nightmare

Posted by The Prosperity Group | 8:32 PM


After putting together a website for online marketing, I decided to install the auto-responder that came as a bonus from the teleseminar package. Trying to get that auto-responder installed and working was a total nightmare. Considering I’m above average when it comes to technical issues and also meticulously following the designer’s installation instructions, I couldn’t get the software to work.

I called on technical support from my web hosting company and the teleseminar staff and nobody could get the auto-responder to work. Finally after two support teams quit, I gave up too. Red flags should have gone up when the designer stated in the instructions “Don’t contact me if you have a problem with the software”.

I settled with Aweber, the one most online marketing guru’s say is the best overall in the industry. Aweber offers a host of tools necessary for successful follow-up email campaigns. There are numerous “how to” videos, tracking tools, the ability to setup unlimited email campaigns and much more. Aweber starts at $19.00 per month and well worth every penny.

After viewing some of the videos, I was well on my way to setting up my first campaign. As most of you know, an auto-responder is a key tool in your online marketing business. It could take days if not weeks to follow-up manually with numerous campaigns without one.

Now that I had a clearer understanding of Awebers layout, it was time to setup a few follow-up messages for my opt-in visitors. I started with a welcome message and a few affiliate product announcements. I felt pretty good considering pain I endured with the previous auto-responder.

Now as I write this, I’m reminded that I must emphasize if I haven’t done so before, that this was the process that I took considering my limited knowledge. There is tons of Online Marketing “How To” materials out there (look at this blog) that will give you step by step instruction.

Until next time, have a Prosperous Day!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments

Join our Mailing List and stay informed about new products, services and news on Online Marketing. Also Receive a Free eBook on Affiliate Marketing.
Name:
Email:

We respect your privacy and we promise that your information will not be sold, rented or shared with anyone.